Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I got to do my favourite outdoor chore today - pressure washing. There's nothing more satisfying than pressure washing, particularly when you live at the dirty Rube farm. When I pressure wash the vinyl deck, it is an instant gratification.
Keeping in mind that we live in the Pacific Northwest and that it is a very wet winter season we've just come out of, the deck grows a coat of grunge and slime in order to survive the winter. I got to strip it off.

I popped the little white iPod headphones into my ears and cranked up the music, just before cranking up the pressure washer. I was lost in my own world for a few hours, even dancing and singing at times. I'm sure the sheep were laughing below. I know the goslings were.

S.Rube and I have been playing hopscotch together lately. We took a break halfway through to have a game......

3 comments:

Magnolia said...

At first I thought you used bleach or something.
That is fun-
I can't believe how grungy the deck gets and how clean the power washer makes it.

Renee said...

Power washing sounds FUN! I asked Tony for a power washer for my birthday but he didn't get it. :( Our driveway, front walk, and back patio could really use a good washing. Can you bring yours over and hook me up? :)

-Renee

the rural rube said...

oh, I'll hook you up with more than a pressure washer. See you tomorrow!

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger