Monday, April 25, 2011

And so ends the 1st Annual Palm Springs Chawcation - Part Three

Aaaggghhhhgghhhhh....   movement, even the subtleness of breathing itself, is not okay.  I get up this morning, excited at the sunshine and palm trees outside the window, and in spite of my pounding headache. My eagerness is short-lived however as the clammy sweats hit and my mouth starts to water.  Four or five puking episodes later, when only the dry heaves remain, I crawl back onto my air mattress and lay my body down, unable to tolerate movement. My own or that of those friends around me.
I begin to welcome death as the only real possible option. And make myself the predictable and ridiculous promise that I'll never drink again. Although this time, I may very well mean it.
I've never felt this bad and this hungover in my life before. Ever.
As I lay there, I start to calculate my tequila shots and realize that I had downed at least 12 of them in a 2 and a half hour period on an empty stomach. That's when it starts to make more sense. As does the jumping in the pool fully clothed and steamrolling all my sleeping friends.

It takes a few hours for me to be able to stand up and move around. My Chawgirls had long left me for brunch and a swim at ChawMarcelle's parents' beautiful home. I get myself ready, choke down a dry pita and am finally able to swallow some water.  I load 2.Ho in the car with me and we head off together to meet the others.

ChawMarcelle's mom is pleasantly horrifyingly shocked as I arrive with my trusted sidekick.

We all enjoy a couple of hours of swimming and chatting. 2.Ho behaves herself for the most part. I had forgotten to put her bathing suit back on before leaving the house, erroneously thinking the tank top was long enough to cover her private parts, so she was indecently exposing herself throughout the afternoon while floating and sunbathing. We all kept our eye on her crotch in order to spare ChawMarcelle's poor parents from having to witness the pink.

As the Chaws head back to our own pad, ChawMarcelle's dad waves goodbye. What a treat it was to meet them both. (I actually think he was hoping that we'd leave 2.Ho behind.)

ChawShannon carries 2.Ho in from the car like she would a casual date. (Where ARE her fingers??)

And ChawSherri grabs her immediately upon entering the house and they both settle in for a little afternoon nap. Clearly, 2.Ho is going in for the squeeze here...

Time for a swim! The girls' attempt to get her bathing suit back on turns into an awkward, yet potentially arousing situation for everyone involved, especially 2.Ho.


While ChawMarisa and ChawShannon visit by the pool, 2.Ho floats on in undetected and ChawShannon appears unfazed by what is happening. You notice that ChawMarisa is unable to watch though, feeling forced to turn her head away.

We relax in the shade, play some guitar and sing some tunes, while ChawMarcelle dances a little jig for us all just outside the door to her childhood playhouse next to the lemon tree.


I decide that I like 2.Ho's bathing suit better than my own and steal it from her. I lend her a pair of my sexy hot purple lace panties so she's not completely naked. But, sorry, my friend! I don't have a bra that even comes close!!! I then take a moment to braid her awful one strip of hair. (really, she's a gal who definitely looks better in a hat.)
This is some serious ass girl bonding right here.

Having truly outdid ourselves the night before, we decide to spend a quieter evening tonight. After a coffee and a downtown carriage ride tour with a truly insane and theatrical driver/guide, we come back home to play guitar and sing all night long.

I have to add that ChawMarcelle's brother-in-law lent us the most beautiful guitar ever to play this weekend and I am forever changed after playing it.... an incredible (and expensive!!) Ovation that sounded like absolute gold and was just a pleasure to experience. How I can go back to my little $100 shitty shoebox with strings I'm not too sure,  but I know that I see an Ovation in my future. ChawRenee is playing this beauty in these pics....

The night ends, and the next morning begins to the sounds of 2.Ho panting in the other room and dry humping our good friend!
Poor ChawShannon...completely unaware and violated while she snores away.

It's our final morning together, we all put our new Chaw shirts on to get a good group shot. (and try to find the right hat for 2.Ho to cover that horrible hair.)


 1,2,3...CHAWBACONS!!!   You can see our traveling quilt hanging on the left of this picture. One of our ex-Chaws made this for the group - each square represents each of us and the quilt travels by mail in times of need. There is a journal that accompanies the quilt that we write in when we have the quilt and we take our picture with it. We decided on this trip that we would start randomly mailing the quilt out for no reason at all other than to surprise and brighten someone's day, when they get to wrap themselves up in the Chawlove of it all!!

A few of us set off to Indian Canyon for a hike. The palms freely grow in the wet valleys of the mountainside creating incredible oases in amongst the dry hot desert. We leave 2.Ho at home in the hopes that she'll clean and vacuum the place before we get back. (instead, she set ChawShannon off on a cleaning spree that us hikers truly appreciated!)

Something out there smells soooo good and we sniff all the leaves and blossoms we can find. I'm not sure that we actually ever figured out what it was. But, I loved the lavender the best!

ahhhh....my girls.... they make me smile....

A last minute waltz, a final kiss and hug goodbye.

And we pull the plug. ppphhhhsssssssssssssss
And give her the ultimate death squeeze.

And into the suitcase she goes,  back to BC with me!
(and, please, today is not the day to take note of or comment on the Canucks shirt...grrrrrr.)


And, so ends the 1st Annual Palm Springs Chawcation. What a time. What a group of girls. What incredible memories. I can't wait until next year already.

And what is to become of 2.Ho you might ask? Well, you certainly haven't seen the last of her. She's got some more awesome adventures and party nights with the girls ahead of her and coming your way.  In fact, if you're interested in bringing her to an upcoming girls night or just showing her your town and some of the sites, travel arrangements can be made. So, stay tuned for more Adventures of 2.Ho.

Read how 2.Ho came to be and the first two installments of this Palm Springs story.
http://aruralrube.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-going-to-palm-springs.html
http://aruralrube.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-all-packed.html
http://aruralrube.blogspot.com/2011/04/palm-springs-vacationnever-to-be.html
http://aruralrube.blogspot.com/2011/04/2ho-does-desert-aka-chaws-rip-up-palm.html

5 comments:

Thelma said...

hilarious...heartwarming...honest...and, thanks to 2.Ho, HOTTTTTT!

Yoli said...

WOW!!! Looks like you had a great time!!!!!!!

ChawMarcelle said...

I love it all! (okay, except for the 1,2,3 Chawbacon shot where I look like I'm on crack). :) A weekend full of excitement, mystery, intrigue, etc., etc... Looking forward to the next installment in 2012!

AppleTree 43 said...

Fantastic Blog ...I feel like I was there with except the Tequila hangover. What GREAT memories with GREAT friends. Make the world go round...eh!

Anonymous said...

Jode, can 2.Ho come to my LATL weekend? (Ladies at the Lake) She seemed the life of the party.

Looks likes fun was had by all. Glad your hangover didn't' keep you from the day.


Sue

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger