Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm all packed ...

...in a box and ready to go!!
Palm Springs here I come!!


This wasn't quite how I envisioned my first trip to California, but it is definitely going to be a good hot time. I am sure to be the life raft for many a floating Chawbacon in the pool, as the temperatures are expected to soar to unbearably hot heights. The girls have been landing in California throughout the evening; some in LA, some already in Palm Springs. I don't fly out until tomorrow packed snugly in beside Renee's undies out of somewhere in Virginia I think or maybe it's Maryland. Washington, DC?   I sure as hell hope she is spared any sort of humiliation that a luggage check might present.

A couple of things intrigue me about the information provided on the box. I'm curious as to what 2 holes I have. I mean, one is a given. But, the second one...now that could be a fairly even split between two different, desirable and popular locales. And I'm not sure which one I'd rather.

Also, I have a 3D face, which, in a blow-up doll, would be somewhat expected, right? I mean, it would be odd to have a flat paper cut out for a face, with a fully dimensional body. Which got me wondering if I am actually going to have a paper cut out face; like if Renee is cutting out a picture of my face and sticking it on Dr. Susie. In which case, the added bonus selling feature of the 3D face is nullified.

And, then, I spotted the bottom right corner of the box and realized that....buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... I vibrate!! It really doesn't get better than this, does it?

Ohhhh, it's going to be a fun fun weekend.

(go and read this entry if you really don't know what I'm talking about: http://aruralrube.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-going-to-palm-springs.html and you'll better understand why I'm suddenly referring to myself in first person as a blow-up doll and why I'm going to Palm Springs.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jode...you will definitely be the life of the party!!!
I love love love this!!

Sue

Alissa Chaw said...

lol! It sounds like you girls will have so much fun! I am sorry I will be missing this!

Renee said...

You are floating in the pool right now!

thelma said...

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of good, good, good vibrations! Hope the Jodi doll doesn't melt in the 38 degree weather.

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger