Monday, April 14, 2008

Accessorizing on Farm Day?

My newly painted henhouse and a desire for all things pretty lead me to do a little accessory shopping today. Unlike most blogs where purses, shoes, hats and necklaces are the norm, I was looking to beautify my farm. .... namely the hen house.

I found some great ideas....

Firstly, the house needs a good sign. I am going to attempt to make one myself, I think, but I really liked this one. I found it at http://www.etsy.com/.




I would love to put up an old piece of iron on the front side. You can't really see it from the picture I gave you, but the space beneath the window is quite large and bare.

Something like this:



or, a couple of these would be nice all year round, if I planted some ivy in them and attached them to the henhouse wall:






I think it would be pretty damn cute to have a painting or two of a chicken on the door of the house ( both of these were from http://www.etsy.com/ too ) :






and, check out this super cute metal chicken! It is actually an egg basket for collecting the eggs - how perfect would that be?? I can see the little Rubes carrying it now.....


4 comments:

Magnolia said...

I love the sign and the second more graphic painting of the chicken.
So cute!!!!!

Magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magnolia said...

or I stutter.

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger