Monday, April 14, 2008

Coco & the Trips....

.... isn't the name of some hip band (although it could be).

They are our first set of triplets born here on the farm. As is typical with triplets and quadruplets, malpositioning is often an issue, and it was in this case, too. These babies were born 5 weeks ago - one at 8:30 am, one at 3:30 pm and another one at 6:30 pm. (In both instances of the second and third lambs, we had no idea that poor Coco wasn't finished yet. Shame on us.)

The third lamb was delivered by none other than B.Rube, with his arm inserted up to his bicep, and me holding onto her head and front legs as strongly as I could. As B.Rube exclaimed through our silence in the minutes that followed him ripping the stuck baby out of there, "Wow - that was the weirdest thing I've ever done...."


We have been supplement feeding two of the three babies to ensure that they get enough food. The third one wasn't interested in taking milk from us, so is evidently taking a lot of the milk for himself.




One of the things I love best about them is where one of the little girls sleeps - right on top of Coco. This is a usual position for her. I wonder how long Coco'll let her get away with it....




2 comments:

AppleTree 43 said...

Awh -- I love the little one sleeping on top of Coco. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Soooooooo cool and cute.
Thanks for sharing.

Magnolia said...

Your baby delivery story gave me goose bumps.Sooooooooooooo cool!!!
Did the little Rubes get to watch any of the animals being born?

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger