Thursday, April 17, 2008

I've entered the Zone

Yesterday spontaneously (but, really, more like "finally"!) became the day when I figured out and implemented my new weight loss/exercise plan.

After joyfully leaving the shoe sale, I headed to Starbucks, where I bought a paper, sat ALONE, had a grande extra caramel caramel macchiato (that's not the part where my new regime started) (that IS, however, my usual Starbucks order.) And didn't have to take care of a damn soul besides myself. hallelujah!

I was really waiting for Popeye's Nutritional Supplement Store to open at 10 am.
I wanted to buy myself some Hydroxycut or other similar fat-burning miracle.

Teri is a hot body builder nutritionist chick that works there and we got talking. She inspired the heck right out of me, I tell you. She's inspired that fat right off my body. Who needs lipo, when you've got Teri?

I left the store with a fat burner, a protein powder, Teri's business card, a solid plan in place and more motivation to do this than I've felt in a long time.

(heck, Teri was talking me into training to compete in the Masters bodybuilding (35+) in a year's time. I made the mistake of telling her that I entertained the idea 10 years ago. )

So, 10 lbs by June 9th. I started yesterday.

I've dug out my Zone program from a few years back. The Zone is a high protein, low carb diet, which virtually eliminates all starchy carbs, like pasta, rice, potato and breads. I've had a lot of success with it in the past. As of yesterday afternoon (right after my grande extra caramel caramel macchiato), I'm on it.

Last night's dinner was a spinach salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (with peppers, celery and broccolini), and a barbecued tenderloin. I skipped the baked potato.

Breakfast this morning was long-cooking steel cut oatmeal with 6 almonds mixed with a scoop of protein powder. Lunch ( at McDonald's) was a garden salad with a grilled chicken and some Paul Newman's low fat thai dressing (which isn't really part of the Zone, but has only 1 g of fat for the entire package (of which I used half!.

I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Magnolia said...

Good job J.Rube!!
I knew you had it in ya!!
You can do this!!!

I can't wait to see you all buff.

(you don't have much work to do in my opinion!!!)

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger