Monday, March 31, 2008

Go Canucks Go!

So, my major reason for not posting 3 different and exciting farm things for you today is that I went into the city last night. In honour of B.Rube's birthday, I headed into Vancouver for a very important game against the Flames. We share season tickets and use the games as a good excuse to get out of the country once in a while. But, last night was even more of a special treat - I had been invited to the game by a special old high school friend, now living in Seattle. Mi-la's seats are amazing ( I've had the good fortune of sitting in them before. ) They are second row seats, right behind the home goal. SECOND FREAKIN' ROW!!! I was up close and personal with my boys and I loved every minute of it.

Here's how the night went down:

We actually arrived in time for the warm-up, unbelievably. ( I love being there early, but rarely ever make it.)
Here's our #1 man, Luongo. Where'd we be without him!?
Our captain, Markus

Here's Trev. He's warming up to score 2 huge goals tonight. Man, this city has a love affair with this dude! There's nothing like a standing 'o' for Linden!


Here's Daniel. He recently became my new favourite Canuck after I met him at the zoo a couple of weeks ago. I was shameless enough to ask him for his autograph that day and he very pleasantly complied.



The first period was soooo exciting, with 2 goals apiece and a number of little pushing matches in our end, with Iginla no less!!






Cassie Campbell was standing next to me, along with Pat Quinn. And, of course, local media man, Shane Foxman. (man, that guy is a total GEEK!)
By the end of the second period, the Canucks were leading 5-2, I think. By the end of the 3rd, it was 6-2.
Hey! Here comes Fin.
It was an awesome night, made better by an incredible win, wonderful company and a few good cold ciders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Taken time to join the city folk and gettin back to the city girl the lingers inside. LOL
Looks like you had fun.

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger