Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've chosen a Conservative, much like my Dad

Okay, so I know I'm not the only Canadian out there to be more interested in the US election than our own. I know I'm not the only one who watched the US vice-presidential debate, but failed to see our own English-language debate. I know I'm not the only one to know Sarah Palin's name (and even the name of her Down Syndrome son), but just learned Elizabeth May's name right now as I am writing this blog.

Going back to the topic of the language debates.... I love how we make the politicians perform in a language that isn't their own and then proceed to trash the French-speakers for not being able to speak English and the English-speakers for not being able to speak French. Leaders from around the world speak all different languages, right? So, it really shouldn't matter, right?
Well then, you haven't heard Stephane Dion. Although I guess he speaks better than Jean Chretien. That's really not saying much, is it? I just went to Stephane Dion's Facebook page and it's funny to see the comments that people are putting up on his wall. Here's the last commenter:
GO DION!!!
dude, if you lose i'll be so sad :(
you're a very good looking man even if you're old!!!


Okay, let's talk about that for a moment. Let's take a look at what the candidates look like.


Who do you vote for, if you were basing your vote on looks alone?
I actually think that Candidate #1 is the most appealing, bald or not. But, I may be influenced by knowledge of his politics, which are also quite appealing.
#2's eyes are too small for his head (think: weasel). I can hear #3's slaughtered English just looking at him. and #4. Well, she has a nice smile. And looks really really out of place in that line-up.
B.Rube tried to convince me the other night that we aren't "NDP-type people". I clarified for him that perhaps HE wasn't NDP-type people, but that at 39, I was set in my political ways.
Too bad I live in the Conservative/Alliance bible belt and my vote just doesn't matter.

EDITED TO ADD: Magnolia's boyfriend, Gilles......


He does have nice eyes and even worse bastardized French than his neighbour Stephane.
He looks too much like Clay Aiken to me. ick.

3 comments:

Magnolia said...

What about Gille Duceppe? He is running for PM also.....LOL

I have to say I agree with your observations.

We had a mock PM election at our school last Thursday....NDP kicked ass with the Conservatives a close second.
And poor english or not...Stephane came in third. Elizabeth did better than I thought she might...and even Gilles, who wants to go off with Quebec and be their own country, got 5 votes. LOL

I voted NDP at lunch today..as I always do...and though at times I'm tempted to change...cause "what could my one vote possibley do?" ...I stuck to my choice. There is no perfect party...so I go with what suits me and mine best.

As for the best looking candidate?...I think I'd go with Gilles.

Anonymous said...

I, personally, judge a candidate based on his or her lip fullness.
You cannot trust a thin-lipped political figure.

Check out Jack for example...creepy or what?

http://www.kimrichter.com/Blog/uploaded_images/gollum1.0[1]-749176.jpg

And another side to Stephen Harper that perhaps you may not know...

http://misseye.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/stephen-harper.jpg

As far as Dion goes, his lips are almost non-existent, but I have to admit that my heart was softened a bit and I wavered for a moment when I saw this picture:

http://www.berryburger.com/images/stephan_dion.jpg

My vote goes to Elizabeth May who not only has full, juicy lips, but obviously goes to great pains in order to not intimidate the rest of us with her physical strength.

http://stevejanke.com/archives/elizabeth-may.jpg

Here's to you, Elizabeth! It is a shame that being a woman and standing for something GREEN wasn't enough for J. Rube this time. Don't worry! You've got my vote!

the rural rube said...

White Rabbit, White Rabbit, White Rabbit
LMFAO
You are an ultimate rube.
Those are some funny pictures.

All I could think of looking at Elizabeth was
WEDGEY! Look at her cranking those bottoms up!

"A Rural Rube"and all of its contents are protected by copyright. In order to copy or use any of the entries or photos seen in the blog, please contact me at aruralrube@yahoo.com.
Copyright 2008 A Rural Rube
Powered By Blogger